1. My students are finally getting in the hang of this school thing! Hooray!!! I have loved Apples and ABC’s Beginning Sounds Printable. We have been reviewing letter names and sounds and doing a few pages each day. They are able to work independently which is AMAZING!
2. My husband started a new job this month and this has been our first week with us both working 40 hours. It’s a new thing for us since his old job allowed him to be home by 4 but we are adjusting well. I am very blessed.
3. I started a Chronological Bible Study and I am LOVING it! I am so thankful for God’s many blessings and promises. It’s amazing to read throughout the Old Testament and see his constant provisions. I can be confident in His love for me and His promises.
4. Um so N*SYNC may be reuniting on Sunday! I am BEYOND PUMPED! I will be attending a viewing party and may even have a N*SYNC shirt on. Whoot Whoot!
5. We currently have very few plans this weekend and I am so excited about that.
With school starting, I need to find a new balance and start blogging again. I’ve been trying out a few new recipes too and will definitely get those up soon!
Well although I’ve almost experienced a full week of my summer this currently isn’t too exciting.
I spent my morning at the Take Care Clinic to find out that I have an ear infection and allergies. Thankfully my sweet husband is currently at Kroger picking up my prescription. I sure help after a few days of some antibiotics I am feeling back to my normal self. Growing up I had a lot of ear infections but its been YEARS since I’ve had one and I forgot how much it hurts. Boo!
With the big game tonight, a few of my husband’s friends are coming over so I am trying out a few new recipes! Although I have no energy right now, I am hoping in a few hours I’ll be good to go to cook some things. I’m going to do a Hawaiian chicken kabob, smashed red potatoes and grilled zucchini. To hit the sweet spot, I am going to make a Monster Cookie Dip. YUM!
I LOVE sweet tea and I think it makes a not so great day better. I’m making myself drink more water since I’m sick but its so hard when sweet tea sounds soooo good. I may have an addiction. 🙂
Well this summer we will be venturing to Disney World in July and we could not be more excited! Whoo hooo! My three essentials is a swim suit, cute dresses, and sun! I am all about spending time relaxing at the pool so a swim suit is big for me. I went on a swim suit search last week and I’ve had NO luck. I can’t find one that I feel is modest enough and that I like how I look. I’ll have to keep searching. My favorite part of the summer is cute clothes and dresses. I love a sun dress that is casual and can be put on after a day at the pool. And of course love the sun! It just makes my day better!
1. I HATE doing the laundry. I’ve recently started calling my husband the “Laundry King” because he basically always does it. However, we have a nice sized pile waiting to be washed so I need to get busy. FAST.
2. My husband and I are blessed to currently both have a summer off (until he finds a new job). We LOVE finding new things to do in the NKY/ Cincinnati area. I hope we can find a few new things this summer to do together.
3. I’ve said before that my husband is a marathon runner and now my younger sister is becoming a runner. Knowing she is running makes me want to run more. I’ve got to beat her 🙂 haha
That was a recent conversation we’ve had about running. My goal is to be able to run two miles by the end of the summer. Currently I’m running about half a mile and walking the other half. (Yes my sister’s name is INA in my phone. “Ina Knott” Get it?? haha her real name is Chelsea)
4 and 5. I brought home my ELA binder this summer. I have each unit divided up and I plan on going through and adding post it notes about some of my favorite, most successful activities we did for each unit. Through working on this project, I hope to create some more ELA units to add to our teacher pay teacher store. (http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Fabulous-First-Grade) I also have a binder for the first three writing units a colleague and I are going to try next school year. The more I read the more excited I become.
6. With less of a structure routine now, I have to plan when to have my quiet time each day. During the school year, I read in the mornings before my feet hit the floor and I think I will continue that during the summer.
1. Summer is here!!! Wednesday was my last and I’ve LOVED every minute of my first two summer days. Overall I had a challenging but a very rewarding year. I love the school I teach in and look forward to next year. I plan on using at least one day a week during the summer planning and preparing for next year.
2. Last summer, I became addicted to watching Pretty Little Liars and quickly caught up on all the seasons. This summer I have a new addiction and it is the show Nashville. How have I been missing this show?? I’m not even a huge country music fan but this show has captivated me.
3. With it being summer, I’ve had plenty of time to try out some new recipes and I am LOVING it! I’ve tried several off of my Pinterest Recipe Board. I LOVE Pinterest! It was so helpful with wedding planning, decorating our home, classroom ideas, and to feed my food/cooking love.
4. My husband is currently looking for a new job. I naturally tend to worry and become anxious about EVERYTHING. But the Lord has given me such a peace and comfort about this process. I know that He has a plan and is in full control over the situation. I am excited to see what God has planned for my husband and continue to daily give those worries over to the Lord. God is good.
5. Have I mentioned that it is sweet, sweet, SUMMER TIME!!!!! Hooray!!!!
Blouse: Old Navy Cardigan: Old Navy Pants: New York and Company Flats: Target I love this linky party!! Share your outfit each day or at the end of the week! Link up with Brittany from Closing t/Users/Candace/Desktop/Share Whatcha Wear Guidelines1.pnghe … Continue reading →
I love this linky party! I’m doubting I will be updating after each day so I think this will become a Friday afternoon/night routine! However, today I am on a Starbucks date with my hubby so it is the perfect time to blog away!!
You can link up too with Brittany at Closing the Gap…in a Cute Outfit!
Oh and 4 years ago today, my hubby asked me to be his girlfriend!!