I made these simple, quick potatoes last night for dinner. My husband invited friends over to watch the big game so we did Hawaiian Kabobs and roasted potatoes. yum! One particular friend was so grateful that he unloaded the dishwasher for me. love it.
Italian dressing mix
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Wash the potatoes and the best part… leave the skin on! Whooo!!
3. Drizzle the olive oil and Italian dressing mix packet over the potatoes.
4. Salt and Pepper to taste.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Take the potatoes out of the oven and throw the shredded Mozzarella cheese on the potatoes. Place the potatoes back in the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
Friends of ours just had their first baby. A sweet baby girl! She is prefect! Our group of friends used http://www.takethemameal.com to sign up to provide meals. I LOVE the website. If you haven’t heard of it, you should totally look it up! Anyways… we signed up so I decided to make this Buffalo Chicken Pizza and because it was so easy to make I made one for Drew and I too.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pillsbury Pizza dough
chicken (cooked, my husband grilled ours with a hot sauce marinate)
Hot Wings Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to the desired temperature on the pizza dough package. Roll out the dough and drizzle some olive oil on the dough. Bake the dough for 5-7 minutes.
2. After 7 minutes, take the pizza out of the oven and use a mixture of ranch dressing and hot wings sauce to create the sauce for the pizza. Spread the sauce on the dough.
3. Now create your pizza! Place the chicken, cheese, and green onions. Bake for the remaining time. 10-12 minutes or so. Enjoy!
I served this along side a salad. It was delicious and simple!
I’ve linked up with Farley for June Currently!
Well although I’ve almost experienced a full week of my summer this currently isn’t too exciting.
I spent my morning at the Take Care Clinic to find out that I have an ear infection and allergies. Thankfully my sweet husband is currently at Kroger picking up my prescription. I sure help after a few days of some antibiotics I am feeling back to my normal self. Growing up I had a lot of ear infections but its been YEARS since I’ve had one and I forgot how much it hurts. Boo!
With the big game tonight, a few of my husband’s friends are coming over so I am trying out a few new recipes! Although I have no energy right now, I am hoping in a few hours I’ll be good to go to cook some things. I’m going to do a Hawaiian chicken kabob, smashed red potatoes and grilled zucchini. To hit the sweet spot, I am going to make a Monster Cookie Dip. YUM!
I LOVE sweet tea and I think it makes a not so great day better. I’m making myself drink more water since I’m sick but its so hard when sweet tea sounds soooo good. I may have an addiction. 🙂
Well this summer we will be venturing to Disney World in July and we could not be more excited! Whoo hooo! My three essentials is a swim suit, cute dresses, and sun! I am all about spending time relaxing at the pool so a swim suit is big for me. I went on a swim suit search last week and I’ve had NO luck. I can’t find one that I feel is modest enough and that I like how I look. I’ll have to keep searching. My favorite part of the summer is cute clothes and dresses. I love a sun dress that is casual and can be put on after a day at the pool. And of course love the sun! It just makes my day better!
Go and Link up! 🙂
I linked up with http://iheartrecess.blogspot.com/ to create goals for June!
1. I HATE doing the laundry. I’ve recently started calling my husband the “Laundry King” because he basically always does it. However, we have a nice sized pile waiting to be washed so I need to get busy. FAST.
2. My husband and I are blessed to currently both have a summer off (until he finds a new job). We LOVE finding new things to do in the NKY/ Cincinnati area. I hope we can find a few new things this summer to do together.
3. I’ve said before that my husband is a marathon runner and now my younger sister is becoming a runner. Knowing she is running makes me want to run more. I’ve got to beat her 🙂 haha
That was a recent conversation we’ve had about running. My goal is to be able to run two miles by the end of the summer. Currently I’m running about half a mile and walking the other half. (Yes my sister’s name is INA in my phone. “Ina Knott” Get it?? haha her real name is Chelsea)
4 and 5. I brought home my ELA binder this summer. I have each unit divided up and I plan on going through and adding post it notes about some of my favorite, most successful activities we did for each unit. Through working on this project, I hope to create some more ELA units to add to our teacher pay teacher store. (http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Fabulous-First-Grade) I also have a binder for the first three writing units a colleague and I are going to try next school year. The more I read the more excited I become.
6. With less of a structure routine now, I have to plan when to have my quiet time each day. During the school year, I read in the mornings before my feet hit the floor and I think I will continue that during the summer.
1. Summer is here!!! Wednesday was my last and I’ve LOVED every minute of my first two summer days. Overall I had a challenging but a very rewarding year. I love the school I teach in and look forward to next year. I plan on using at least one day a week during the summer planning and preparing for next year.
2. Last summer, I became addicted to watching Pretty Little Liars and quickly caught up on all the seasons. This summer I have a new addiction and it is the show Nashville. How have I been missing this show?? I’m not even a huge country music fan but this show has captivated me.
3. With it being summer, I’ve had plenty of time to try out some new recipes and I am LOVING it! I’ve tried several off of my Pinterest Recipe Board. I LOVE Pinterest! It was so helpful with wedding planning, decorating our home, classroom ideas, and to feed my food/cooking love.
4. My husband is currently looking for a new job. I naturally tend to worry and become anxious about EVERYTHING. But the Lord has given me such a peace and comfort about this process. I know that He has a plan and is in full control over the situation. I am excited to see what God has planned for my husband and continue to daily give those worries over to the Lord. God is good.
5. Have I mentioned that it is sweet, sweet, SUMMER TIME!!!!! Hooray!!!!